Swamp Rabbit Trail Plant ID
Have you found a plant on the Swamp Rabbit Trail
that you can’t identify?
We can help! Send us a photo of the plant along with the other information listed below. We’ll let the experts take a look at it and post the results (or an educated guess) on our “Identified Plants” page!
*** If your plant was somewhere other than the Swamp Rabbit,
please go to our general PLANT ID page! ***
Rules for submitting your inquiry
- Get close enough to photograph some detail. Put something in the picture for scale, such as a coin or pencil.
- Get a shot of the overall plant.
- Photograph leaves, stems, and flowers (if blooming) from the top and from the side.
- Tell us where and when you took the picture and what kind of site you found it on. (Deep shade, wetland, dry site, roadside, etc.)
- Use the submittal form at the bottom of this page to submit your request and to upload digital image(s).
- Send digital images in JPEG format.
- Please be aware that we are unable to identify mosses, lichens, algae, and mushrooms or other fungi.
- PLEASE SUBMIT NO MORE THAN 1 REQUEST PER PERSON PER DAY. Dr. Hill is available as a private consultant for hire for special projects with larger numbers of images or plant identifications. Contact him directly to arrange for such projects.
Dr. Steven R. Hill is a botanist with the Illinois Natural History Survey. Formerly the Curator of the Clemson University Herbarium (1987-1994), he is still a member of SCNPS, a land owner in Oconee County, and he plans to retire in South Carolina.
Please use the form below to submit your ID request. Thank you!