FAQs for Upstate Spring Sale Shoppers
The Upstate Spring Native Plant Sale is on for Saturday, April 15, 2023, from 9am-1pm for the general public. Members and volunteers get early access during an online-only presale. Read on for more details, and to learn more about the sale itself.
Q: This is my first time attending the SC Upstate Native Plant Sale. What do I do?
A: Arrive at Conestee Park and look for volunteers directing traffic. You will see thousands of plants and several tents lined up in the adjacent parking lot!
- Come in and start shopping! Gates open at 9am.
- If you are shopping for more than one plant, bring a cart or wagon.
- The Holding Team will gladly hold your purchases while you continue to shop.
- When you are finished shopping, the Checkout Team will add up your purchases and take your payment.
- After paying, if you have plants in Holding, drive around the upper lane to the Loading area and volunteers will bring the plants to you.
- Hold onto your receipt to show when you exit with your new plants!
Q: I’m a member in good standing of the SCNPS. Can I get into the sale early on Saturday, April 15, as in past years?
A: No, this year there will be no early entry for members. Instead, members and volunteers will get FIRST DIBS on plants during the online presale with plant pickup at the Upstate Native Nursery. Order dates are April 8-9 and pickup dates are April 10-12 only. Update your membership or sign up to volunteer today to ensure that you get early access! (You can learn more about volunteer opportunities for the sale HERE.)
Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
A: Online payments only during the Volunteers and Members Presale. Cash, Checks, and Credit Cards on Saturday at the General Sale. (Please note that there will be a convenience fee of 3% for card transactions to cover our cost. But the low, low prices of our native plants still give buyers a good deal!)
Q: Will there be boxes or wagons available for me to load up with plants?
A: No! This year it’s “BYOB” — bring your own boxes or wagon to carry your plants! We will no longer have spare wagons available. Please help us spread the word!
Q: Can I bring my pet?
A: No. As much as we love our furry friends, there were a few scuffles among them last year. Only identified service dogs will be allowed inside the sale area. But, there’s a dog park next to the upper parking lot where supervised dogs can play!