- This event has passed.
Lowcountry Spring Native Plant Market
March 19 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The South Carolina Native Plant Society’s Lowcountry Chapter will have a farmer’s-market-style native plant sale at Charles Towne Landing, 1500 Old Towne Road, Charleston, SC 29407 on Saturday, March 19 from 9:00 am to noon with these local vendors:
- Bottle Tree Gardening
- Flying Fig Farm
- Milkweed Madness
- Let It Grow
- Roots and Shoots Nursery
- Native Plants to the People
Each vendor will handle their own check-out process (cash, check, or credit card). There will not be a central check-out or a plant holding area, and shoppers will need to bring their own box, cart, or wagon to carry plants. SCNPS volunteers will be on hand to help guide shoppers and assist vendors. Admission to the Native Plant Market is free. If you wish to visit Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site, please pay admission in the Visitor Center.
If you are interested in native plants for your garden but are also interested in avoiding crowds, options include:
- Shopping six days a week at Roots and Shoots Nursery in West Ashley https://rootsandshootsnursery.com/
- Shopping by appointment at Bottle Tree Gardening in McClellanville https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057217099210
- Shopping by appointment at Milkweed Madness just north of Charleston https://www.milkweedmadness.com/nursery
- Shopping by appointment at Let it Grow in Adams Run. Call 843-870-3069 or email [email protected] to set up an appointment.
- And shopping by appointment at Flying Fig Farm in Awendaw. Email [email protected] to set up an appointment.