If you missed the Native Plant Society sale on Saturday, you can still catch our Fall Open House. We have lots of wonderful native shrubs, perennial flowers, vines, and grasses as well as a handful of non-native plants we consider special. Check the website for the current offerings with color pictures. Now is the perfect planting time, so come on over!
Roots and Shoots Open House
SATURDAY OCTOBER 11
8 am to 3 pm.
2196 Pierpont Ave
To get to our backyard nursery, Roots and Shoots:
1. Take the Glenn McConnell exit from I-526. You’ll land at a light with Home Depot/McDonalds.
2. Turn right at the light onto Magwood. Go to the end to where it T’s with Ashley River Rd. (Highway 61)
3. Turn left at the light onto Ashley River Rd.
4. Go through one more light
5. Look for the landmarks for a right turn: Jiffy Lube on the left and Timbo’s Peanuts and Fireworks/Vegetable stand on the right
6. Turn right at that intersection onto Pierpont Ave (there’s no light)
7. Beware! Pierpont turns right in a block or so. Stay on it. Follow the curves and look for a little sign on your left that says “The Bluff”
8. Turn left at that sign into our gravel driveway. You cannot see the house from the road. 2196 Pierpont
*The numbers on the street are crazy. Ignore them and look for the little sign on your left.
Coming from points north on Highway 61
1. Pass Bees Ferry Rd
2. Cross Church Creek
3. Pass the CVS on your left and begin to look for the landmarks above (#5),
4. Turn Left onto Pierpont then as above
Lynn Meffert and Jane Jabbour
Roots and Shoots Nursery
Perennial Favorites and Native Beauties
2196 Pierpont Ave.
Charleston, SC 29414